As a newly merged fund, VicSuper and First State Super (rebranding to Aware Super) believe that strong investment returns and being a ‘force for good’ go hand in hand.
Through our investments in affordable housing, community projects, renewables and new technologies, we’re helping to support employment, contribute to economic growth, and grow the communities where our members live, work and retire. As one of Australia’s largest super funds, we’re investing in projects and businesses to deliver strong long-term returns for our members.
Investing in communities and economic growth
- Helping to support Victoria’s economy – our investments in Victorian property, infrastructure and sustainable farming are providing opportunities to generate better returns for our members and helping to support sustainable economic growth
- Supporting communities where our members live and work – we’ve invested over $250 million in affordable housing across Victoria, such as our Moonee Ponds housing project. We have committed to increasing this investment over the next year and expand our reach into other states.
Supporting communities where our members live and work
- Supporting new jobs growth – our co-investment with the Victorian government in the $200m Victorian Business Growth Fund is providing capital to successful small- to medium-sized businesses and helping to drive economic growth in the wake of the impacts of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Investing in businesses that benefit our community – our size and scale means that our direct investments can make a real contribution to the Australian community – such as Victorian Land Registry Services and Bendigo Hospital in Victoria, the Sydney Light Rail in New South Wales, and the Sunshine Coast University Hospital in Queensland.
- Direct lending to local businesses to fund future growth – we’ve provided more than $1 billion to businesses in industries such as grocery, childcare, packaging and data centre solutions. This has helped to support economic growth while driving strong outcomes for our fund.
A modern apartment complex offering 55 new key worker affordable rental units, six kilometres from the Melbourne CBD.
Melbourne CBD hub with a 6 Star Green Star Communities award in sustainable design.
Bendigo Hospital is a truly world-class regional hospital servicing the Loddon Mallee region.
Investing for better outcomes
Our investments in the community and economy are helping to deliver better outcomes – strong long-term investment returns with a positive impact for our members, their communities and our society. Underpinning these investments is our Responsible Ownership approach, which allow us to better manage risk and generate strong long-term returns for our whole fund– including in our specialist Socially Responsible Investment (SRI) and Socially Conscious options.
Don't sit there wondering - our team members are here to help!