Your super may be one of the largest sums of money you will ever have. You can access this money in the form of regular payments (an income stream) once you have retired or reached preservation age.
A retirement income provides you with an income stream from your own super savings and it can often work in conjunction with Government (Centrelink) pensions, depending on your eligibility.
Why consider a retirement income stream?
While it may be tempting to withdraw a large sum once you retire, the more money you withdraw, the less you'll have to rely on later.
As well as allowing you to set up regular payments as if you were being paid a wage or salary, a retirement income lets you keep your money in super, which has great tax benefits and can mean your money lasts longer.
Benefits of a retirement income stream
- Receive a regular income paid into your bank account.
- Help you cover your basic needs and wants for the rest of your life
- Your investment earnings (within a retirement income) are tax-free.
- Payments from your retirement income are tax free once you reach age 60.
- Supplement any Centrelink entitlements you may be eligible for.
Types of retirement income products
We offer the following retirement income products: more than one option may be suitable for you, depending on your circumstances:
- VicSuper Flexible Income - for people who have retired.
- VicSuper Flexible Income with a Transition to Retirement feature - for people who have reached their preservation age but are still working and want to boost their super savings or transition to retirement.
Get some expert advice
The best retirement strategy varies from person to person depending on their individual circumstances and short and long-term plans.
We know retirement planning can be complex, which is why we offer advice over the phone, digitally and face-to-face. You can choose from a range of services we offer, from simple phone advice at no additional fee, through to more complex financial planning on a fee for service basis. You only pay for the service you use.
Don't sit there wondering - our team members are here to help!